Saturday 10 December 2011

And the remaining two days of my adventure...

On day 4 we were up early for some complementary breakfast and back onto the boat.  Most of the morning was spent cruising through the Delta and the floating markets.  It was quite a site to see and probably the highlight of the tour.  We also got a chance to walk through one of local markets which was neat, but really not much different than any market here in Phnom Penh.



After another long bus ride back to Ho Chi Minh we found some home cooking in the form of Pizza Hut.  Overall the pizza was pretty good, but the pasta was awful!  We spent the rest of the night at the market and Crazy Buffalo.  While relaxing outside the Crazy Buffalo we were treated to an impromptu Vietnamese rally.  The street in front of the Crazy Buffalo was completely shut down as hundreds if not thousands of mottos clogged the street.  Many people had flags and were chanting “Vietnam! Vietnam!”  This went on for a good 15-20 minutes.  During our trip, the Asian games were being played and on that specific night Vietnam had beaten Brunei 8-0.  Experiencing that was definitely another highlight.

Our final day included a trip to the Notre Dame church to take in Sunday Morning Mass.  The church was beautiful, maybe even a little too beautiful as half way through the service I began to feel a little light headed.  I knew things were not looking good when the sound around me started to fade out.  Now I have never fainted in my life and wasn't in mood to make that my first time so I made a somewhat labored dash for the door.  I found the nearest local vendor and quickly replenished some of the electrolytes that I was in need of.  Moral of the story don't skip breakfast, and go to a stuffy hot church.

And that there really wraps up the end of the trip.  Our bus was slightly delayed coming home Sunday, but that was about the only excitement to speak of.

Stay tuned for another update shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment