Saturday 10 December 2011

No clever title to think of

I seem to get into these spurts were I am able to post multiple blogs in a very short window.  It has been just a short few minutes since my last post, but the actual time between these two posts is closer to 1 month.  So a quick update of some of the events of the last couple weeks.


  • I was an honorary American for American Thanksgiving last month.  The MCC workers down in Prey Veng put together a dinner, which rivaled any Thanksgiving dinner I have ever had.  The fellowship and the food was great, and it was also really fun to get out of the city for the weekend and spend some time with my hosts, the Bades.  And I had my first hot shower in Cambodia while I was out there.  Funny that I had to go all the way out to the country for that!
  • I have started going to a local International Church on Sunday evenings which has been a blessing so far.  It has been nice to hear God's word in my native tongue especially around this time of year.  
  • I also recently started running at the Stadium here in Phnom Penh.  Now I have never fancied myself a morning person, but I have been running at 5:30 in the morning.  My body keeps asking me why, and my brain keeps answering 'they say its good for you'.
  • There is about a month left in the semester so things are heating up and at the same time us teachers are already looking to next semester.  I have become more comfortable in front of my students, but there are still times where I fumble to get the right words out or explain the meanings correctly. 


That kinda sums up my life in the past few weeks.  When there are no holidays there are definitely less adventures to be spoken of.  I will add that the weather has been very pleasant recently.  It is hovering around  the mid to high 20's, but most days there is a breeze.  It also rained a couple times this past week, which it hadn't done in a number of weeks, so that has also helped to keep it cool as well.

Lastly I battled a cold all last week, and this week I have been up and down with flu like symptoms.  Wednesday I was in bed nearly all day, and I'll spare the details.  I just ask that you keep me in your prayers not only for the health reasons, but also for this holiday season.  It will be a new experience for me being away from family and friends, and I suspect that there will be some hard days along the way.

As always God Bless and thank you for the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment