Monday 15 August 2011

Just Another Day in the Rain

It has yet to rain today, but if the sky does decide to give us another shower it will be the third consecutive day of rain here in Akron.  The rain however has not kept us from getting outside and having a good time.  Both the SALTers and IVEPers are quite active and enjoy playing different games.  Saturday night we went and played ultimate, soccer and a few other games that definitely tested my flexibility.  Most of it in the rain as well.  Playing barefoot soccer on wet grass as you might expect is quite hard, and there were quite a few high speed collisions (no injuries that I know of just a lot of sore muscles).  I could actually barely walk the next morning I was so stiff.

On Monday those of us going to Cambodia got a good chance to sit and talk with the IVEPers from Cambodia.  It was fun listening and talking with them because they are both so energetic and had so much to say.  I think that we definitely learned more from them than they learned from us, but hopefully we helped them out as well.

Yesterday morning we had a great service!  We were led by the Latin American IVEPers, and sung a number or songs in Portuguese and Spanish.  It was an extremely energetic service and a great way to wake up in the morning that is for sure.  And the energy kept on going through the night as we celebrated a birthday for one of the SALTers.  We had a pinata, and there was a lot of dancing (a lot!!).  We learned different dances from just about every continent.  And I think I might have stumbled across the next song in the playlist, but I will inform you about that probably on my next entry.


Anyways I missed breakfast this morning because I slept in, so my stomach is telling me that it is time to get some food so I will talk to you all later.

1 comment:

  1. HEY!!!
    sounds like you are having a blast so far, glad to hear it!!!
    make sure you dont injure yourself before going to cambodia that wouldnt be any fun!!!

    ReplyDelete